As a window or door manufacturer, are you planning to design any new products or do you need to prove the performance of a new specification?
Whatever your project, if you are using Roto hardware then it is worth talking to us before you do any development testing because you may be able to take advantage of support from the Roto International Test Centre (ITC).
The Roto ITC is based at our head office in Leinfelden, Germany. Covering a total area of 1400m, it is one of the largest in the industry.
As well as prototype and development tests on new Roto hardware systems, the centre also tests customer’s windows, doors and other products.
Roto ITC is certified by the German accreditation body Deutsche Akkreditierungsstelle (DAkkS) as meeting the requirements of ISO/IEC 17 025:2017 – General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories.
This means the tests we conduct are always performed correctly in line with the current national and international standards and directives.
“As an external customer, if your windows or doors are tested at Roto ITC then the certification is universally valid, just as it would be from any other test centre.”
As well as full elements – windows, doors and sliding units – Roto can also perform tests on metallic materials for tensile strength and corrosion resistance in accordance with standards such as ISO 6506 and EN 1670.
Some of the tests that Roto can conduct include:
- Burglar resistance – Security tests on windows and doors, including both static and dynamic loading, plus manual break-in.
- Air and water permeability – Assessment of weatherproofing in line with European standards.
- Window resistance – Roto has the rigs for dynamic testing of resistance to driving rain and high winds. If you need to supply windows for special requirements, such as typhoon resistance, we can help.
- Endurance – This includes operational life cycle tests on windows and doors, and also tests of sliding systems, including rollers.
- Material tests – Including tensile strength, hardness and corrosion resistance to EN and other recognised standards.
More information about Roto ITC?
If you have a project where testing and development will be required, don’t hesitate to contact us about the support available from Roto.
Fill in your details below and we will contact you as soon as possible.